By Neetika Singh
This month, Neetika Singh, of Maryland, provides us with a recipe for turkey kabob and a North Indian eggplant dish.
2 lbs ground turkey
1. Place the ground turkey in a large pan.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients one by one. Mix the turkey well.
3. Marinate this mixture in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours. Once marinated, you are set to make medium sized kebobs. Roll the ground turkey into medium balls and flatten them to form patties.
4. On a grill pan, cook the kebobs on medium heat. It takes about 15 minutes for the meat to become medium to well-done. You can check the temperature of the turkey with a meat thermometer used in barbecues. The meat thermometer should light up to medium or well done when you insert the prongs in to the kebob.
5. Once ready, the kebobs can be served with bread
Eggplant, Punjabi Style (Baingan Bhartha Punjab Da)
1 medium eggplant
1. Wash the eggplant.
2. Microwave the eggplant for about 9 minutes.
3. Cool the eggplant in cold water and peel off the skin.
4. Put the skinless eggplant in a pan and mash it with a spoon.
5. In a frying pan start frying the onions with oil on medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Add green chili, salt, black pepper, red chili powder and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Next add minced tomato and tomato paste.
8. Cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
9. Add peas and the mashed eggplant.
10. Stir the eggplant and cook for another 7 minutes on low heat.
11. Garnish with parsley.
Neetika Singh works as a doctor by day, and has an active cooking life, by night.